Global e-commerce has accelerated post-pandemic, as many consumers have now switched to online shopping. The global e-commerce market size valued at US $9.09 trillion is expected to grow at 14.7% CAGR from 2020 to 2027, reaching US $16,215.6 billion by 2027.
With most B2C businesses moving to e-commerce and online stores, AR and VR technology adoption has increased to provide a more engaging and immersive experience for customers right from their homes. As per Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality Market for Commerce Industry – Forecast (2021 – 2026), the AR and VR in Commerce is forecast to reach $3.2 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 28.4% from 2021 to 2026. MAR (Mobile Augmented Reality) is expected to account for more than 52% of the AR Application Market by 2026
Today in the E-commerce industry, AR has become the new normal and a must to stay competitive. In this article, we will cover the various aspects to consider while creating AR content for e-commerce.
AR content for E-commerce- Dos and Don’ts
- Choosing the right 3d model partner- Creating 3D models of your products is the first and most crucial aspect in building an immersive AR experience for your customers. Thus, you must choose a 3D modelling company such as Ikarus 3D that can deliver premium lightweight, low-poly and photorealistic 3D product models that readily integrate into product visualisation software, AR and VR.
- Selecting right AR tools – Choosing the right tool for AR could be tricky, but here are some factors that will help you with the decision.
- Licensing – If you are operating on a budget, you can explore AR tools like Vuforia, EasyAR, Kudan that provide free commercial licences. Though these tools will help fulfil the basic AR requirement, they won’t be as robust as full versions of the software.
- Device Agnostic experience – To create an immersive experience for the masses, you must choose a tool that lets you build a device-agnostic AR experience that customers can experience seamlessly on smartphones or tabs.
- Operating System agnostic – Invest only in those platforms and tools that allow you to seamlessly experience the AR on multiple operating systems (iOS, Android, Windows, etc.)
- Capabilities – Evaluate the various features that an AR platform offers to the user. See if it fits your requirement or provides the experience you wish to deliver to the customer before choosing it.
- Market your AR– Creating and AR is the beginning, but one must promote this new feature to ensure that customers engage with it.
- Demo video: Promotional and instructional videos to demonstrate the functionality and features of the app.
- Display in-app instructions: Clear direction and step-by-step instructions to guide customers on the app.
- Social Media buzz- Enabling customers to share their AR experience on social media handles.
By following these steps you can accelerate you can build a robust AR experience for your customers that will aid in increasing engagement, conversions and customer satisfaction.