In the new normal, digitisation is the norm, and e-commerce is adapting 3D visualisation and Augmented Reality (AR) to meet the ever-growing demands of customers for a personalised shopping experience. Companies like Plattar and Floorplanner are redefining the meaning of customer experience in D2C industries. The recent global crisis has brought a 3D shift in businesses’ approaches towards customer’s User Experience. Today, companies seek solutions that can replace real-life product inspection and in-person interactions with more captivating and engaging virtual experiences in the product’s environment.
Types of 3D product visualisation and AR configuration
But before we move on to the benefits of 3D product visualisation and AR in e-commerce, let us first see how one can integrate these technologies in e-commerce.
- Photorealistic 3D imagery– It is the process of creating a digital twin of your product for virtual representation that can be inspected from all directions and even placed in the real world via the super computer sitting in your pocket. All from the comfort of your home. A highly realistic 3D computer-generated image provides more refined detailing of your product, which a photograph may fail to capture.
- 3D product visualisation– 3D product visualisation is creating a 3D product model that allows your customer to view the product from every possible angle. The customer can zoom in, zoom out and spin it in 360 degrees to explore every inch of the virtual product, which has been created true to scale.
- Product customisation– An extension to 3D modelling, product customisation enables customers to create customised products of their liking. From colour, texture, material to patterns, customers enjoy the freedom to modify the product to match their taste.
AR placement– AR placement is a technology that lets the customers virtually experience your product in their native environment. E.g. If you are an interior designer with exclusive furniture designs, AR placement will allow your customers to virtually experience how your product will look in their home/office/lobby, with the use of a smartphone or a tab.
3D Product visualisation and AR configuration allow you to create an accurate representation of your products for the customers, providing them with an immersive virtual experience from the comfort of their homes.
3 benefits of 3D Product visualisation and AR configuration
- Improved customer engagement– Studies have shown that integrating 3D product visualisation and AR technologies in websites and apps have improved customer engagement by 66%. A recent example of 3D visualisation of product would be WebGL experience created by BMW for its i4 model- https://www.bmw.com/en/design/bmw-i-design.html
With its inherent interactive nature, AR engages the customers longer on your website, improving its rating.
- Improved Conversion- ‘Longer the customers stay and explore your products, more likely they will make the purchase; A principle Shopify recently proved by integrating 3D product visualisation and AR, which increased their conversion by 2x.
With a Photorealistic 3D model configured in the website, your customers can truly experience your products in a virtual platform, accelerating customer awareness to conversion journey manifold.
Reduced product recalls- Product recalls are a major cost that a business incurs in e-commerce. One of the most common reasons stated by customers is ‘product did not match their expectation’. Myntra, India’s leading -e-commerce brand, tackled this gap by introducing AR view with a try-on feature. This allowed customers to see the 270-degree view video capture of the product to know how the colour and fit worked.
3D product visualisation and AR is the next stage of e-commerce, and businesses must catch up with this new way of doing business as quickly as possible to stay competitive and reap the benefits of these technologies.
Ikarus 3D can help you fast-track your journey to the world of AR and VR by creating Premium Lightweight Low-poly 3D models of your products that are ready to be configured in digital assets like websites, apps, AR and VR. Our core expertise lies in AR & VR ready 3D modelling, Photorealistic 3D modelling, Real-time render, Photogrammetry and 3D scan clean-ups and 3D file optimisation. With highly skilled 3D artists equipped with best tech, we ensure that you scale without worrying about your 3D model requirement.
Want to learn more about our services? Reach out to us at < please place email id here>
Sources for your reference.